Skullcandy earbuds are one of the most popular brands on the market, but they’re not perfect. Sometimes, you’ll find that only one of the earbuds works.
Also, this can not only happen with Skullcandy earbuds, but with any type of earbud. If you’re having this problem,
This can be frustrating, but fortunately, there are a few things you can try to get your Skullcandy earbuds working again.
Reasons Why Only One Wireless Skullcandy Earbud Works
There are a few different reasons why only one of your Skullcandy earbuds might be working. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- The battery in one of the earbuds is dead or dying
- One of the earbuds isn’t paired correctly with your device
- Dirt and Earwax Can be the culprit.
- There’s something wrong with the connection between one of the earbuds and your device
- One of the earbuds is damaged
- There’s something wrong with your Skullcandy earbuds’ settings
If you’re not sure why only one of your Skullcandy earbuds is working, try these steps:
1. Check the Battery
The first thing you should do is check the battery in both of your Skullcandy earbuds. If one of the earbuds has a dead or dying battery, that could be why it’s not working.
To check the battery, remove each earbud from your ears and look at the LED indicator light. If the light is red, that means the battery is low. If the light is white, that means the battery is charged.
2. Pair Both Earbuds Correctly
Another possible reason why only one of your Skullcandy earbuds is working is that one of the earbuds isn’t paired correctly with your device.
You’ll need to pair both earbuds with your device to fix this, follow these steps:
1. Put both of your Skullcandy earbuds in their charging case
2. Open the lid of the charging case
3. Press and hold the button on the back of the case for three seconds or in some cases just tap the earbuds 3 – 4 times
4. The LED indicator light on the front of the case will flash white or the light on the earbuds will turn on and you can hear the voice ” Pairing device”
5. Now Open the Bluetooth settings on your device
6. Select “Skullcandy” from the list of available devices
7. Once both earbuds are paired with your device, try using them again to see if they work
3. Check for Dirt and Earwax build-up
Another possible reason why only one of your Skullcandy earbuds is working is that there’s dirt or earwax buildup in the earbud.
This can happen if you do not clean your earbuds regularly. To clean your earbuds, follow these steps: or read the Complete Guide on How to Clean Ear Wax Out of Earbuds
Remove the earbud from your ear
Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away any dirt or earwax from the earbud
Use a cotton swab to remove any dirt or earwax from the opening of the earbud
Put the earbud back in your ear and try using it again
4. Check the Connection
If only one of your Skullcandy earbuds is working, it’s also possible that there’s something wrong with the connection between that earbud and your device.
You have to Reconnect your earbuds and figure out if the problem is solved or not.
5. Try Using Only One Earbud
In some cases, you might be able to use only one of your Skullcandy earbuds even if both earbuds are working.
So, these are the Main Reasons and their solutions for Why Only One Wireless Skullcandy Earbud Works. But What about Wired Skullcandy Earbuds? Let’s move towards that.
Reasons Why Only One Wired Skullcandy Earbud Works
The most common reasons why only one Skullcandy earbud works are as follows:
- The wire is damaged and needs to be replaced
- The audio jack is not fully inserted
- The earbuds are not compatible with your device
- There is debris or dirt in the audio port
- The earbuds are not seated properly in your ears
If you are experiencing any of the above issues, follow the troubleshooting steps below to try and resolve the issue.
The Audio Jack is Not Fully Inserted
If the audio jack is not fully inserted, it can cause one of the earbuds to not work. Try removing the audio jack and reinserting it.
Make sure that it is fully inserted and that there is no gap between the jack and the port.
The Earbuds are not Compatible with your Device
If you are using Skullcandy earbuds with a device that they are not compatible with, then it can cause one of the earbuds to not work.
Make sure that you are using the correct earbuds for your device. You can check the compatibility of your earbuds on Skullcandy’s website.
There is Debris or Dirt in the Audio Port
If there is debris or dirt in the audio port, it can cause one of the earbuds to not work. Try cleaning the audio port with a toothpick or a cotton swab.
Gently insert the toothpick or cotton swab into the audio port and twist it around to remove any debris.
The Earbuds are not Seated Properly in your Ears
If the earbuds are not seated properly in your ears, they will not work properly. Make sure that the earbuds are inserted correctly into your ears. You can also try adjusting the earbuds to get a better fit.
The Wire could be damaged
If the wire is damaged, then definitely your earbuds will need to be replaced. You can purchase replacement earphones from Skullcandy or a third-party retailer.
If you have tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and your Skullcandy earbuds still only work on one side, then you will need to replace them.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.